Steel City Indoor Karting and Safety
We provide the helmets and headsocks for you. Open toed shoes (flip flops, sandals, etc.) or high heels are not allowed. Long hair must be tied back and tucked in.
- All karts are remotely controlled where they can be slowed down or even stopped, individually, in groups or all at one time. (Junior karts will be electronically limited to 20 mph).
- Fitted with a full absorption system with "ProSlide" patented rails and a patented front bumper fitted with the HEAD System (High Energy Absorption Design), providing one of the most outstanding security and comfort systems available today.
- Full body protection of the rotating and electrical parts to ensure clothing or hair cannot become tangled.
- 4-point harness to keep you firmly in the driver seat.
- LED brake lights, head lights and running lights.
The barrier system used is the best available in the industry today.
- Better sight lines.
- Barrier is only 18” high, so racers have an unobstructed view of what is in front of them.
- Efficiently absorbs impacts, instead of bouncing the kart back into traffic.
- Minimizes the impact on the racer.
- Minimizes equipment breakage.
- Reduces the possibility of being bounced into another driver.
The Steel City Indoor Karting team will continually monitor each race to ensure all are following the rules.
- Bumping and blocking will not be tolerated and could result in your removal from the track, without refunds.
- Other riders expect to have a hassle free ride. Any contact, (intentional or unintentional) can cause you to be removed.
- Track personnel may or may not provide a warning before you are removed.